Jeroen Kuiper aka Monotron fell in love with electronic music at the age of 13.
His cousin took him out to his first (Drum and Bass) party, he was quickly taken
by the crazy environment, people and of course the sounds.
Several years had passed and Jeroen had grown into a true fanatic.
At the age of 17 Jeroen was dragged to a Minimal Techno” party by his friends.
At this point he was devastated, positive about the fact that he would and
could never like this genre, but decided to tag along. “I saw the light”, Monotron
says, smiling “and from that day I became Minimal.”
He started out as a casual bedroom DJ, things quickly changed as Jeroen picked
up the productions after a few months.
“Nowadays I’m very active as producer and DJ, always motivated to explore and
improve within the realms of electronic music. It makes me so happy!
Being Creative has changed my life; it has given me the opportunity to be fully
His solo release Different Faces EP on THEMA Recordings New York (With
earlier releases of Ion Ludwig, Mikael Stravostrand, Jorge Savoretti, Cesare vs
Disorder and more) has opend a great deal of doors for Monotron.
• Monotron & Mesquitas: Johnny Be a Boy EP with a Gideon (Kanzleramt)
Remix on Gringo Recordings – July 2009
• Remix for Donor/Truss (Dumb Unit Berlin): Lace EP – July 2009
• Monotron: Different Faces EP on THEMA Recordings NYC with Rudolf
(Archipel) Remix – August 2009
• Alpha Theta Minimized Netherlands: Rmx A Tres Pie for Mesquitas – April 2010
• Drops Records USA: Remix El Comandante for Mesquitas – June 2010
• Drops Records USA: Monotron: Deceptacles - Compilation Feature – June 2010
• Monotron: Behind Bars - track on Compilation CD THEMA Recordings NYC – end 2010